The Coronavirus pandemic and the general lockdown imposed across India in its wake have forced us to reconsider and recalibrate our activities. From working from home to opting for Namaste instead of handshakes, our lives have been altered for good.
However, there is a lot we can do to contribute to the fight against coronavirus and climate change. Like coronavirus, climate change is also a result of our activities and hence, it is imperative that we remain focused on how we can bring in that much needed healing touch for the planet.
Here is a list by Mahindra Lifestyles of activities that you can do while at home:
1. Efficiently manage household waste: With urban services currently under tremendous pressure, we can take up activities such as segregating waste at home, avoiding the use of disposables, etc.
2. Pot composting at home: Once you segregate the waste, it just requires minimal effort to start composting at home which will help you manage biodegradable waste from your home.
3. Re-growing vegetables and herbs at home: While it may not be sufficient to fulfill all your needs, it is bound to pay dividends over the long run. And if you involve the kids and senior citizens at home, it will keep them engaged and divert their attention.
4. Conserving water at home: There are a million ways we can save precious water at home. From soaking utensils before cleaning to using RO filter water for mopping the floor, many of the steps are easy to replicate.
5. How about observing Earth Hour each day? We need to do all we can for the environment and sustainability. Try observing Earth Hour each day at your homes.
6. Tried lockdown cooking? A search on Google for lockdown recipes throws up 20,20,00,000 results. From simple Indian recipes for cooking with minimal ingredients, to easy desserts to enjoy during quarantine, the internet offers you a wide spread to choose from.
You can also share your thoughts in the Comments section below!