Sustainability has always been one of the core values of the Mahindra Group, and there has been a conscious attempt to embed it into each of our businesses over the years. Now it’s your turn! Mahindra has developed a new Sustainability App that will help you live a greener life and lower your carbon footprint. The App will be launched tomorrow, June 5 -World Environment Day, by Mr. S P Shukla, Group President- Aerospace, Defence, Agri and Steel, and Chairman of the Group Sustainability Council, via a livestream event open to all employees.
Available on both iOS and Android platforms, the app is meant for Mahindra employees only, and offers six main features:
- Links to 100+ articles from industry stalwarts on a wide variety of subjects
- All upcoming internal and external events on various subjects related to Sustainability
- Live tweets related to sustainability from 100+ professionals, institutes, think tanks, etc.,
- Projects and best practices in the areas of water, waste, energy efficiency, etc., to give you an idea of what is being done, and what is yet to be done in your businesses/ locations
- Contact details of over 50 vendors who have implemented sustainability projects in our businesses
- Stories of Mahindra employees who have taken up environmental initiatives at a personal or community level.
Users can also upload their own personal triumphs, or the stories of others within the Mahindra Group.
Group Sustainability also organized an ‘Awareness Week’ from June 1st-5th leading up to World Environment Day. The events, which included suggesting an environment-friendly task to employees to perform each day, were organized with the support of the Sustainability Champions, the CSR team and the Group Communications.
Employees were urged to perform the task given, take a photograph to document it and post it on social media, tagging another Mahindra employee to take up the challenge. The challenge is aimed at creating a chain of awareness and helping to propel individual actions towards supporting the environment. The Sustainability App is one more weapon in the Mahindra Group’s arsenal to help Group businesses and colleagues support environment-friendly initiatives that will aid in addressing climate change issues.
You can also share your thoughts in the Comments section below!